Friday 5 August 2011

It's not all doom and gloom here are some products that I love

My Fuji HS20EXR it's an amazing camera for a keen amateur like me. See the brilliant review on http://www.safari-guide.co.uk/fujifilm-finepix-hs20exr-digital-camera-review.php




My Amazon Kindle. I love books I own thousands of them but for convenience it's a reading experience second to none except maybe a real book but then you'd have to lug it about and be stuck once you finished it miles from home. Seemless integration with the iPhone and PC apps (there is one for Android too) is also a huge bonus.



My iPhone. I know the android fans out there will rant on and on but for me personally I prefer the interface even if Android has products out there that are technically superior Sense just doesn't float my boat. I have nothing against Android they make some fine products they're just not for me.

My Courtney Boots. They originally cost my father somewhere in the region of £500gpb but that was 14 years ago now and I've walked literally thousands of miles in them. Mine are the original Courtney model with elephant, buffalo and giraffe hides with Dunlop tyre tread soles. They are currently back at the factory in Bulawayo being refurbished (every stitch redone and new soles) a service for which they are charging only £36gpb. So whilst they may sound expensive they last forever and you can't say that about much these days. They're also a lot cheaper than they used to be available in the UK from around £200. All be it with only buffalo hide now available. see www.courteneyboot.com/ for global suppliers or www.westleyrichards.co.uk/Shop/Courteney-Boots if you're in the UK.

My Tag Heuer Aquaracer. I mentioned in my introduction that we had been burgled this year and of the items stolen this included my grandfathers 50's vintage Omega Seamaster and Sharon's Fathers Pierre Cardin watch. More Than insurance although a little slow did not quibble any of our claim and very kindly arranged Vouchers for us to use in Earnest Jones or H Samuel (they would have paid out cash but at a lower value, I assume they get a kick back and this is fair enough) After much deliberation I decided that rather than purchase another Omega Seamaster that I would split the future family heirloom and on the advice of the excellent staff in Croydon's branch of Ernest Jones chose a lovely stylish but simple Tag Heuer Aquaracer.
Tag Heuer Aquaracer Mens Watch WAF1110.BA0800


My Raymond Weil Maestro 2827. This less well known swiss manufacturer has only been in business for 40 odd years a smidge in comparison to the history of Heuer but I couldn't resist the elegant simplicity of this watch with it's open balance wheel and the fact that it actually uses the same ETA (part of the Swatch Group) designed movement as the Tag convinced me to part with the other half of the insurance payout.

My Le Crueset cookwear. I have a large and a small frying pan, griddle, and small pot. There is no reason to believe that my children will not inherit these along with the above watches.


My Swiss Army knife, my personal preferance is for the climber model which I feel has the best combination of small portable size and having enough tools to be useful every day. You will very rarely find me without it in my pocket, in fact flights will be about the only time.


I will periodically add more items to this list as I think of them

TTFN

Mr Bunny Chow

No comments:

Post a Comment