Thursday 18 August 2011

Message from Croydon MP Gavin Barwell

Please see the below email from Gavin and get in touch with him if you can help.

his email address is gavin.barwell.mp@parliament.uk

TTFN

Mr Bunny Chow

__________________________________________________

Dear Mr Bunny Chow,

Like me, I am sure you were both saddened and angered by the looting and arson we saw a week ago on Monday.  I have spent the last ten days lobbying for more police officers on our streets, a more robust style of policing, prompt action to catch those responsible, tough punishment for those found guilty, compensation for the families and businesses affected and help from the Mayor and the Government to regenerate our town as well as meetings constituent and businesses, dealing with a huge volume of email and being interviewed by more TV and radio stations than I care to remember.

My plan had been to spend these two weeks delivering the remainder of my survey asking people how I am doing as their MP.  About a quarter of the constituency is still to be delivered and if we don't get it done quickly it is going to look strange that the letter doesn't refer to the riot.  I am therefore emailing to ask for your help.  Could you deliver a couple of hundred over the next week?  If so, you can either meet me outside the Addington Community Association at 10am on Saturday or pick some up from the office next week.  Please let me know if you can do either so I have sufficient prepared.

Many thanks in anticipation - I wouldn't ask over the holiday period if I wasn't really desperate.

Gavin

No comments:

Post a Comment